Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Seizure Sarah

Sarah has two nicknames . . . "Sweet Sarah" and "Seizure Sarah".  The last couple of weeks she has been more of  a "Seizure Sarah".  I guess the good news is that now I have learned several of her triggers which are:  lack of sleep, stress, and some of the bad food dyes and artificial junk found in processed foods.  The last couple of weeks her seizures can be attributed to stress.  She doesn't KNOW what has been happening in our home, but her body FEELS the stress so she responds by having seizures. 

Besides the slight setback of increased seizure activity, she is doing SO GOOD.  I'm not just saying that because I'm a proud mom.  Seriously.  REALLY.  Her social skills have improved, academically she is starting to show signs that SHE.IS.LEARNING.SOMETHING, and she is HAPPY.  Oh, and I can't forget to mention that I can now take her to Publix, Costco, or Children's Place without her having a complete meltdown.  And church? It's a much more pleasant experience than it used to be. 

Sarah has started to let me brush/comb her hair AND put a bow in.  Yeah, I don't know what I'm doing and her hair probably looks like a two-year old tried to style it.  BUT the fact that she now lets me touch her hair without screaming and coming completely UNGLUED is a miracle in and of itself. 

I don't have any recent pictures to post of her, so here is a picture I took in December.  I took the kiddos to Gaylord Palms Resort ICE exhibit. 

 

5 comments:

Beth said...

Holy Scary! Sorry to hear she is dealing with more frequent seizures. Hang in there!
(And help me with Facebook please-I don't get it!)

heidiram said...

Hey Beth- I don't do all the farm and mafia and sorority and poke stuff on FB. I read the status updates, post my status, and use FB for sending e-mail messages. It's also how I keep in contact with Jensen, Henry and other former missionary companions/friends.

Unknown said...

I've been wondering about your Sarah and how she has been doing after her diagnosis. I'm really glad to hear that she is improving. HOPefully Seizure Sarah will go away soon and return with sunny Sarah.

Ashley Clark said...

"Seizure Sarah" is one of those nicknames that makes me giggle a little (because it's so blunt) but frown a lot. Your description of her lately sounds a lot more like "Sweet Sarah." It must be your good mothering that has caused her change in demeanor. :)

Tiffany said...

I'm so happy you're blogging more Heidi! Your children are beautiful and you are a busy, accomplished chick! Wow. Glad things are improving for your Sarah :)