Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Lessons Learned

I may or may not have had a little falling out with some of my friends that live in Blogland  about two months ago.  And I may or may not have thrown the baby out with the bath water.  I was spending a lot of my sleepless nights commenting on blogs and reading blogs.  At the time of the cyber-disagreement, I basically stepped away from the computer and stopped doing anything relating to blogging. 

I'm sad that it happened because I truly miss the daily interaction with a phenomenal group of women.  Wow could I ever use their encouraging words and uplifting advice right about NOW.  Did you read the Ensign this month about getting unplugged?  Yes, so I think that message was written SPECIFICALLY for me.  Now looking back on it, I don't think I would have been as in tune with the Spirit this last month if I would have still been so "plugged in" to the blogging world. 

I  learned lessons from every single one of those fabulous women.  Each one of them taught me a lesson or they had a life experience that I have learned from.  So although we don't communicate every day like we used to, I appreciate them for all they taught me over the last couple of years.  I don't even have all of their blog addresses anymore because I used to go to my sister in law's blog (which has since gone private) and then visit everyone via her blog.  Shout out to the BC ladies!  I love you, miss you, and perhaps we can do lunch sometime when I move to Utah.

12 comments:

Jessica said...

Heidi! You are so sweet! I'm still hear, reading (and commenting as much as I ever did!)

I wish the whole thing hadn't happened, and I'm grateful you are able to forgive...for sure on the lunch in Utah thing, okay?

Linsey said...

Love the new look of your blog. I've been reading you on the "reader" lately and hadn't seen the new layout until today.

I've been enjoying your returning to blogging and that we are cyber friends. Let's meet in real life someday, okay?

Jake said...

Miss you too, Heidi! I've always felt sad we can't meet up for lunch. We'd have a LOT to discuss...

Lauren in GA said...

I have realized lately that I am doing way to much reading and commenting on blogs...I need to go read that article and make sure I keep myself in check.

You are such a sweetheart, Heidi. I have always thought that.

If I am ever in Utah I want to do lunch!!!!!

kara jayne said...

lessons were learned on all sides.
your header is absolutely adorable, and lunch would be awesome...when i'm in utah!

Sally said...

Heidi, this was a really nice post. I have been following your blog on and off and I am so sorry to hear that you are sick. You already have so much happening in your life...you don't need another worry.

Your blogfriends are still your friends. :)

heidiram said...

Thanks so much gals! And P.S. Daniel??? left a comment . . . and I didn't publish it. Who is Daniel?

Christie said...

I have a brother Daniel, but there is no way he'd comment on anyone's blog but mine. :-)

Hope all is well for you, Heidi. You are a great lady and have your head on straight. We are still here and love you!

the wrath of khandrea said...

um... even though i try to avoid utah like the plague... i'm down for hooking up any time, any place.

heidiram said...

Stie . . . the very first person I thought of was your brother. He wouldn't have anything to heckle me about . . . unless of course he got together with my brother and together they came up with some good teasing material.

Ilene said...

I'm Daniel. Well, my husband is Daniel but the comment came from me, Ilene.

Apparently I commented under my husband's account name.

Whoops. Sorry about that!

Paige said...

Ugh, there's annoying drama everywhere, particularly in my own life right now. Who said life shouldn't be easy and fun? Oh yeah, Satan. Darn him.

Love your new look.