I love Costco. I went today. ALONE. Without kids. It was heaven. I'll have to do that more often. I used to go to Costco twice a month (every payday). Now I frequent the place maybe once every 3-4 months. With Sarah's sensory processing disorder she comes absolutely UNGLUED in the place. There is just way way way too much visual stimulation, auditory stimulation with lots of people/forklifts with beeper sounds, etc. Costco is torture for her. We can barely get past the friendly membership card checker people at the front entrance and she melts down. Anyway, that's all for today. Just had to share that I had a most wonderful and peaceful journey to Costco today. Super Bowl Party's at my house. Everyone is invited. And P.S. The party won't start until 2:30ish because we don't get out of church until 2:00 p.m.
And P.P.S. The party really starts at 5:30 p.m. EST. I just have to say the party starts a little bit earlier than the REAL start time. Otherwise, I'd have everyone showing up at my house well past the Half-Time entertainment. There's nothing worse than Mormon Standard Time + Latin/Hispanic Standard Time or Mormon Standard Time + Island Standard Time.
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Costco
Posted by heidiram at 11:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Costco and Target without children is almost as good as a trip to the spa!!
Although if you take your kids, they can be a serious budget saver because you can't take too much time over anything - just buy what you need and leave!
I can't deal with Costco or any other huge places like that. I'm with your daughter on this one. Leave me at home.
Aren't you supposed to skip church on Super Bowl Sunday???
So, whatdija git?
Any luck on the uncooked tortillas?
I think of you everytime I make them.
my friend's daughter has a sensory processing disorder. i have been to sam's club with her. you were wise to go alone.
does your daughter eat large bites of food? just curious.
i am glad you have answers. if you ever have questions about the IEP, i may be able to help. hopefully you get a super team. between navigating that and your son's schooling, you are going to be very familiar with the staff and the procedures. good luck girl.
Post a Comment