My family teases me all the time about being maybe a little too blonde . . . or a little too gullible. Now I am wondering if the phone call I just received from Michigan was a hoax or if it was for real. Here is what the message said:
"Hi this is a message for Heidi. My name is __________. I am calling on behalf of Mitt Romney. We have your name on a list of supporters for the Governor. There was an indication that you might be willing to volunteer over the next week. As you know the primary is January 29th and we are looking for volunteers to step up and help us out. We need to get yard signs out and we need to make telephone calls to our supporters to remind them to get out and vote. We are also asking you to call your family, friends and your neighbors and explain to them why you are supporting Governor Romney and ask them to consider voting for him as well. If you can do any of those things for us we would really appreciate it. If you will call ________ at __________ and let him know when you will be available to help out, we would surely appreciate your help. Thanks for listening and you have a great evening."
Where did ___________ from Michigan get my phone number? Does the fact that my son is such a Boston Red Sox fan automatically qualify me as a Mitt fan? Or do I qualify as a Mitt supporter because I have some bloggin' buddies that are Mitt supporters? Or is someone just messin' with me?????
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Who is messin' with me ?!?
Posted by heidiram at 8:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Yeah, that's just wierd.
I used to get calls (recorded) from Dick Norris. He was a local news guy. Kind of a highlight for me.
So you're NOT supporting Mitt then?
We are so rebellious and such.
I'm glad you are blogging again! How is the studying going? So, who are you voting for?
Mitt's sign might look strange next to your Hillary sign.
I'd like to see what a blogging hiatus would be like if you didn't have a test to study for.
Maybe your bishop gave your name to the campaign?
Maybe your bishop gave your name to the campaign?
Weird. I can understand mixing Church and State when it has to do with things like abortion or same-sex marriage/civil unions . . . But for a specific candidate? Not so much. I still haven't been officially converted . . . to the Republican camp OR to Mitt's campaign.
Wasn't there a letter read over the pulpit several months ago encouraging members to become involved politically, vote, etc. but that the Church does not endorse a particular candidate or their views?
Please tell me you're not voting for Hilary. Please.
I don't care if you don't vote for Mitt.
I am pretty sure the person that dropped the obisbo line was joking. That letter is read EVERY political season.
They need to come out with a letter to not use the church directories for Pampered Chef, Amway, Chandlelight, etc.
Ross Perot for President!
It was me.
At least that is what my son would say! He is used to getting blamed for everything-- and he loves to mess with people!
That really is a wierd call...
Post a Comment