I know that Heavenly Father lives and I know that he is watching over me. Sometimes life just SUCKS . . . but it's part of the great plan, right? As it says in the scriptures, there is opposition in all things. About three weeks ago, I had this prompting. Basically, I had this desire to really learn more about the Atonement of Christ. I stopped to think about my life and wondered to myself "What can I do to better understand not only the repentance process but also the power of forgiveness?" Then BOOM . . . I was blessed with an opportunity to learn how to do just that.
My friend sent me a devotional from her church this morning. It's a little bit cheesy, but the underlying message is very good.
"God is not wasting the pain in your life. He never wastes a wound. He's healing you at this very moment and using that pain to show you a dream bigger than you realize. But you need to trust Him. When you trust, you allow room for hope. When we are in the deep, deep valley we must hold on to the assurance that God stands firm and strong behind us. Nothing we experience will be wasted. It will all be used for our good to make us stronger, to make us walk closer to Him, to give us a more loving heart. In our greatest pain we need to lean greatly on God. He's using our weakness to do His work in and through us, building trust, so that His dream for each of our lives can become a reality."
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Reflection
Posted by heidiram at 6:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
hey
let's talk
i'll email you.
Oh Heidi- that is a REAL pic of you. Real cute and real hot! What a cutie you are! You do not look tired, overworked or wiped out at all! (not fair)Now maybe you can understand why I post no pictures of myself on my blog.
great words of inspiration.
I LOVE the picture on your header of the kids...they are what life is all about :)
Post a Comment