So several events have happened over the course of the last couple of weeks. Two of them MAJOR. Let me explain.
Incident #1 A couple of weeks ago, my sister was working on her Blog Book. You see, she blogs. And she takes pictures. And she documents the life of her family. As she was working on compiling her 2007 blog book, I started to think that this is what blogging is all about. I don't write a journal. But wow I am going to forget a lot if I don't start writing it down or at least taking pictures.
I have often joked around that I am getting early onset dementia and alzheimer's, but in the back of my mind I'm really not joking. I feel that I have lost WAY more brain cells than my quota of allowable lost brain cells that can be blamed on having three children. Anyway, bottom line . . . I felt that I needed to start blogging again.
Incident #2 My mother . . . who is about on my level as far as technology goes . . . joined Facebook. Actually, I take that back. I think my mom is more advanced than I am as far as technology goes because she learned how to text message, compose an e-mail, check her cell phone voice messages, and send a page many many months (and maybe even years) sooner than I ever learned how to do so.
Why did my mom join Facebook? Because she wanted to know what is going on in the lives of her grandbabies that live ON.THE.OTHER.SIDE.OF.THE.COUNTRY. It is so much easier for me to pop in to FB, say hi to all of my friends and family that live inside of my computer, post a status update, and then carry on with my day. Once again, I had that prompting that I needed to get back into blogging.
So here I am. This is my blog. This is my story. It will contain a lot of the past (since I have been such a blog slacker), a little bit of the present, and hopefully even some dreams for the future.
4 comments:
Welcome back. Now change your settings so I don't have to do word verification.
Well welcome back to the blog world. But don't feel huge obligations to post every picture and compose clever posts. I found that if I just write down what I wanted to say and not think about it, it gets done a lot faster.
Now, I'll have to set your blog as a favorite on Mom's computer so she can really keep up.
I like the new background and like the updates even more.
Keep up the good work
Padre
Heidi,you are my hero. I want to be just like my girls when I grow up. I hope you are not biting your nails so you can keep hanging on. I love your attitude. Word of warning to the universe "don't mess with my girl"
Post a Comment