Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Dear Anyone and Everyone,

Not that you care, but just had to let you know what I've been doing the last 24 hours. I STARTED and FINISHED Christmas shopping (5 1/2 hours, 7 stores, and 12 presents), printed off the Christmas/New Year's cards, went to the grocery store with 3 children in tow, and am now doing my holiday baking. I never thought I would have been able to pull it off.

It's all about simplification.

  • The 12 brand new boxes of lights for outside? Yeah, next year I am hiring that out.
  • The brand new 100 foot tree? Yeah, it is all decorated. As for the rest of the decorations that usually are throughout the house . . . who needs them? I'll just have everyone come into my great room and see the beautiful tree. That makes up for the lack of Christmas decor throughout the rest of the house.
  • Thanks Cousin April for the MARVELOUS idea of 3 gifts. I completely borrowed that idea and modified it to fit our needs. Three gifts= the three gifts from the Wisemen to Baby Jesus. For our family's purposes, one gift is from mom/dad, one gift is from the siblings, and one gift is from Santa. I just sent a memo to Santa so he would know that only one gift would be from him. Yeah, I couldn't get him to comply 100% because he already had some stocking stuffers for the kids' stockings.
  • Thanks Paige for the idea of faux-baking. I am doing some real baking, but also borrowed your ideas for the brownies with my modifications (added red and green m and m's to one batch, will add mint frosting to the other batch).
  • Thanks Heather for inspiring me to get it in gear and prepare for the holidays.
Now if only I could find my cable to my camera (that has been DISCONTINUED) so I could upload photos onto my blog of our cruise to Cozumel, Tino's band concert, Sarah and Mateo's holiday program, and our other holiday happenings.

Besos y Abrazos,

heidiram

7 comments:

diane said...

Impressive.

Merry Christmas!

queenieweenie said...

wow...that just makes me tired!

the wrath of khandrea said...

you are one crazy mofo, saving it all for the last minute. impressive accomplishments my friend.

Hazen5 said...

Good Job Heidi! We miss you here in Utah, it's not the same without you. But don't worry, we are keeping up with your tradition of "Getting the Flu", three of us have got it! Maybe it's good you stayed home.

Papa Nacho said...

Update to Hazen5 ... make that four have got it. Only Iron Stomach Rob has escaped the dreaded Pepto Bismo bottle. None have been able to replicate Tino and Mateo's experience two years ago however.

Heidi - now if you will implement the Madre and Padre "law" of the December 19th "drop dead date" for completion of your simplified tasks, you would have plenty of time to enjoy the season and update your blog more frequently.

You'll notice from the time of this posting, I've completely ignored the other rule of getting to bed early in order to stay healthy. I'm concerned about Santa making it through the snow storms in Utah so I need to stay awake in case he needs my help. Don't want disappointed grandbabies!

Merry Christmas love.

Padre

weeze or Alissa said...

YES!!! You the woman! I did the majority of my shopping Ebay style! And April does have that 3 gift thing down! Love you

April said...

Yeah! I'm so happy for you. Way to go with all of your accompishments. Merry Merry! If you are ever back in Utah, let me know. I would love to get together with you all. The three gifts are key! Fun Fun!
Loves!
April