Monday, May 12, 2008

Infant Swimming Resource

As the weather gets hotter, I feel it is my duty to let everyone know about Infant Swimming Resource. Mateo and Sarah were first introduced to ISR two summers ago. We are surrounded by swim pools and there are over 1000 ponds and lakes in Orlando. By the end of their 6 week (daily) lessons, they had both been taught the skills necessary to save themselves in the water using ISR's self-rescue technique. ISR will be featured on the Today Show on May 14th.

This technique IS NOT to be confused with swimming lessons. It is a survival/self-rescue technique.

9 comments:

AnnEE said...

We saw something about this on the news the other day- Jason is very into the idea of putting Hazen into it. I'm not sure if I'll need to do it this summer, because I don't know how much we'll really be by a pool, but it's definitely a very good resource. Happy Mother's Day. Love you!

diane said...

This is so good to see. We have lots of pools around here too. An 18 month old recently drowned in our community. It was fenced but, older kids didn't completely latch the gate. So sad!

Anonymous said...

Please don't wait to take your kids through this course! Ponds, rivers, drainage ditches, hot tubs -- it's not just swimming pools that can be dangerous. It was amazing what our 15-month-old learned in a few short weeks.

the wrath of khandrea said...

it would probably also be helpful if i got my lazy butt up off the poolside chair and kept an eye on my kids.

hmmm...

yeah.

Hazen5 said...

Good job Heidi, I remember how well Sarah was doing a couple of years ago. They are little fishes!

Nortorious said...

Paige and I have been throwing around the idea of signing up our babies for this. It costs a lot, but it's miraculous and I believe.

Jake said...

I've never heard of this...thanks for the info!

queenieweenie said...

My sister's kiddos took those classes and they swear by them! Good job mommy

Dave Reese said...

Sounds like a good idea.

But do they teach evasive maneuvers for 'gator encouters? (Or would that qualify as molesting the alligators?)