My sister Heather was in the holiday mood at the CRACK of dawn this morning. Since she was in the holiday mood, it also got the Ramirez family in the holiday mood. We decided to go to Blizzard Beach and use up the last of our free passes before they expired December 31. I know that the water is heated year-round, but you have to get out of the water to go to the different rides and that just isn't my thing when it's COLD. So what better time to hit the beach . . . Blizzard Beach than late October. It's off-season, so most of the tourists are gone. The longest we had to wait for any ride was about 15 minutes for SUMMIT PLUMMET. (I am not computer savvy, so I don't know how to upload a video of the ride into my blog. Do a google search and check it out if you get a chance.) I went on Summit Plummet. And I will never do it again. About scared the pee out of me. A 120 feet drop and moving downwards at speeds of up to 60 mph are not my thing. Sarah and Mateo LOVED the ski lift that you ride to get up to the top of the "mountain". There's a fun family raft ride right next to Summit Plummet. We had a lovely day listening to Christmas songs, riding ski lifts, toboggans, and floating down the rapid river. I'll post some pictures later. Heidi later. You all know what that means. Could be tomorrow. Could be 10 years from tomorrow.

P.S. Special thanks to Arthur Levine at about.com for this picture of Summit Plummet.
3 comments:
Did you get a giant wedgie from that slide? Did you pick it out in time? Or maybe you were wearing the ubiquitous "board shorts." I love those babies.
That was the wedgie of all wedgies. In fact, I think my inner butt cheeks are bruised today due to said wedgie. And my son was giving me grief about wearing shorts over my swimsuit. I was having an inner crisis the entire day. Cute and fashionable swimsuit vs. blah water aerobics swimsuit with shorts. So glad I went for option #2. Having shorts on bought me some extra time to resolve the wedgie issue.
There is nothing like a Florida gal who celebrates the holidays by going to Blizzard Beach. Nice!!
Post a Comment