Thursday, July 5, 2007

Progress

Last Friday, Sarah's case worker from the county came to the house. We reviewed her test results and progress over the last 3 months. In the area of cognitive skills and speech she regressed. The bad news is that she regressed. The good news is that her case is going to be opened up again and she will qualify for more services. Speech and possibly pre-school. AND, her behavior therapy was extended for an additional 6 months.

This morning when I went to get her out of her room, she said the following:

Sarah: Morning Mami.
Mami: Good Morning Sarah.
Sarah: I yucky. EEEEEE-ooooooooooooooooooooooooh.
Mami: You're yucky? What happened?
Sarah: I pee-pee. Look. (Proceeds to show me her drenched pajamas because she must have decided sometime throughout the night that she didn't need her diaper and she took it off.)

YEAH! We had the entire conversation without screaming or using sign language. She communicated with me using WORDS. Real honest to goodness WORDS.

0 comments: