
So . . . I bet you didn't think I could do it. But I did. Or at least, I am in the process of it. Yes, I am emptying my plate. My very inspired Branch President released me from my Primary calling (1st counselor) last Sunday. I resigned from my postion as Cubmaster with Pack 15 on Monday. This Tuesday, I will turn in my Procedures manuals for my two committee chair positions with the Vista Lakes PTA. As far as my teaching Kindermusik classes, Lake Nona YMCA doesn't have space for me to teach this summer. That decision was made for me by default. So for now . . . everything is off my plate. Now I will have more time to: Be a better wife. Be a better mother. Be a better friend.
Whew . . . my branch president tells me I am like a recovering alcoholic. NO, I AM NOT an alcoholic . . . just a WORKAHOLIC and a community service-aholic. . . in the recovering phases. He could tell by my body language and facial expressions last week that it physically and mentally pains me to let things go. It's o.k. Right? Somebody else can do it all. I don't have to.
Sunday, April 15, 2007
Empty Plate
Posted by heidiram at 11:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I didn't think my coming for a few days would casue you to drop everything. But, now that you have, we can just play, play, play while I'm there... aka Padre, let's fix this, let's fix that etc, etc, etc. See you soon
Padre
Heidi-
That happened to me last year when most of my friends were "too busy" for me, I was in college, and I just couldn't handle getting involved in anything. So, I didn't do anything, didn't volunteer for anything - went to church and actually just sat in service and left when it was over. I thought I would go crazy not having anyone need me - but it turned out to be one of the best years of my life! My advice: while you are detoxing, don't focus on all on the things you used to do or are missing. Instead, focus on all your free time and enjoy your blessings. I love that I face a Saturday and the only thing I have to do is clean and workout and even that is optional.
Cheers!
I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!! Finally, after this, we'll be able to have a family gathering, and you won't sleep the whole time!! (However, you better stop working out, because you bod is just TOO hot these days!!)
Post a Comment